PHX Startup Week 2018
Mike Jones | Director of Marketing,
Phoenix Startup Week 2018 Timeline
PHX Startup Weekend: Feb 16-18
PHX Startup Week: Feb 19-23
Basecamp: George Washington Carver Museum and Cultural Center
415 E. Grant Street Phoenix, AZ 85004 (Adjacent to Galvanize)
Street Pitch: Friday Feb 23rd, 6:00pm @ Cityscape
I am very passionate about helping entrepreneurs and business owners because of how many mistakes and struggles I dealt with when I started my first company. Phoenix Startup Week takes place Feb 16-23 so I sat down with their Director of Marketing, Mike Jones, so he could explain to me what makes Phoenix Startup Week worth your attention.
Mike, like all the other volunteers of Phoenix Startup Week, donates his time to this event. He is also the man behind Resound, a branding agency in Tempe, Arizona, and co-host of the Az Brandcast Podcast.
– Phoenix Startup Week will host over 200 speakers at various venues
– The event kicks off with “Phoenix Start Up Weekend” where teams come together to pitch a product, and then spend the next 72 hours bringing their vision to reality
– The general assembly throughout the week will take place at George Washington Carver Museum, with ‘vertical days’ held daily at nearby locations
– These Verticals include: Blockchain, SAAS, Medical Technology, Small Business Owners,
– The week culminates on Friday, February 23rd with Street Pitch! A Shark Tank style pitch with 20 startup founders pitching their ideas with one winner being awarded $10,000
– If you are young and hungry or just want to learn everything you can, then attending each and every day is what you should do.
– If you are interested in networking or learning about specific topics or industries, then picking and choosing specific classes is for you.
– If you are interested in startups but don’t have the time to attend during the week, then just come to Street Pitch!
PHX Start-Up Weekend
PHX Start-Up Week