About Cody Alt:
Cody Alt is a serial entrepreneur who has built businesses from the ground up from a meal prep kitchen to a CBD company, and more. In this episode, we talk about Cody’s many business ventures, how he became successful, and his many ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.
Hometown? Moved here about 8 years ago, small town of about 20 people in Maxville, Montana,.
Favorite AZ restaurant, venue, or activity and why? I love Steak 44 because of the amazing food and staff. Enjoy getting outdoors and being active and golfing as much as possible.
Who is someone that has had a major impact in the person you are today? My dad has always been someone that i’ve never wanted to let down due to the fact when I was a kid hes put a boot up my ass a few times so even though I’m 30 thats always a flashback immediately.
What is your most memorable mistake you have made in your business or career? By trying to do too many things at once and by myself. There’s nothing wrong with trying to learn new things, master your craft and get better at things and broaden your horizons. However, when you have multiple companies you can move so much further and faster with a group of talented individuals. Hiring out people that are great at that specific task will put your success in a time machine.
The biggest obstacle you’ve overcome: I had my meal prep company and I had gotten a DUI and for 30 days I had to walk or ride Ubers to open my retail locations, to the kitchen to pick up meals, deliver meals, etc. The company was only a year old and Using every bit of cash flow for those 30 days and the next 30 days to make sure that the business stayed afloat was one of the most challenging things mentally and physically I have ever went through. Feeling helpless and alone for the most part I had some employees at the time but the chefs weren’t that reliable and I would have to go cook meals all night on no sleep and open then store the next day and pick up meals through rides or Ubers.
Someone who inspires you and why? I don’t have just one person. But anybody who is obsessed at mastering their craft and getting better day in and day out is who I love being around. Someone who I can listen to and learn things from and make myself a little smarter
is what I always keep on the lookout for.
Advice to someone pursuing a career path in what you do? Be careful who you’re taking advice from. If you listen to your parents and they’ve never done what you wanna do. Probably not the best people to listen too. You want to listen to someone who’s been there, done that if you catch my drift.
- Cody’s journey – starting in the oil business to where he is now.
- BodyFuel Foods – meal prep kitchen.
- Getting clients through word-of-mouth.
- Where BodyFuel Foods is today.
- Starting a media company.
- Creating Kushly and PureKana.
- Cannabis regulations and CBD.
- Being willing to adapt fast.
- Advertising/marketing on Instagram.
- Accomplishing tasks to see progression in your business.
- Learning from mistakes and doing jobs you don’t want to do.
- About his quote: “Be careful who you are taking your advice from.”
- Support from his dad to be an entrepreneur.
- Getting good at his craft.
- Domain names.
- Types of marketing that created success.
- The Instagram game.
- Influencer marketing and collaborations.
- Dealing with brand changes and confusion.
- What he would be doing today if he wasn’t where he is today.
- Guilty pleasures.
- Who Cody looks up to.
- What drives him.
Listen on Soundcloud:
Who would you like to be featured on The Skyler Irvine Show? Let us know at: http://www.skylerirvine.com/
Connect with Cody Alt on Instagram: @thecodyalt
On Facebook: @thecodyalt
BodyFuel Foods: https://www.bodyfuelfoods.com/
And don’t forget to connect with your host, Skyler Irvine, on Instagram: @skylerirvine
Thank YOU for supporting us!