48. Matt Gottesman, Founder of Hustle & Deal Flow Magazine
Skyler sits down with Matt Gottesman, founder of Hustle and Deal Flow Magazine and co-host of the "Hustle Sold Separately" podcast.
I was born of native New York parents who raised me with values, an insane work ethic, a true sense of self, and to take risks, I’m part of an emerging creative entrepreneurial class that is sparked by a generation that has had to defy traditional thinking and find a more purpose-driven life..
My purpose – to organize and contribute collective disruptive change through technology all to transform global user experiences.
I’m a Global Digital Strategist & Tech Advisor with 15+ years in digital and web. I focus my background in 2 key areas: 1.) Learning backend technology, infrastructure, security and payment gateway systems from really smart people, and 2.) Keeping a more core focus on frontend web initiatives – digital marketing, branding, design, UX, lead generation, social media, and multi-channel content distribution.
Skilled in digital strategy and marketing, tech due diligence, market research and opportunity analysis, planning the customer/user experience and communicating the final product to the market, I thrive in highly complex and entrepreneurial situations. Hence, I work with a range of companies from Startups to Big Brands who are either digital, or are looking to go digital. This means they have invested in using the web to create amazing customer experiences, which in turn creates more revenue for their company and value to their customers.
I received my International MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management with a top priority of making a transition to executing larger scale, global digital projects. Since then, I have been fortunate and grateful to have completed work for Louis Vuitton, Moet Hennessy, GM/Cadillac, and most recently the World Trade Centers Association based in New York City. Outside of these big brands, I have also helped grow a digital marketing agency in Scottsdale, Arizona, sit on the boards of several tech startups and volunteer my time to causes that have impact on the future of science, technology, education and children.
Topics we Discuss:
- Why you are never going to be an expert
- Why you have to stop worrying about tactics and just get started
- Why you should be committed to a vision but not a plan
- What it's like to start an online magazine
- How important it is to take ownership of everything in your life
- Why you need to stop protecting your ideas
- How he's built an online community and what it means to have a tribe
- What are the real metrics you should be focusing on as an influencer and business owner
- And why relationships are still the most important thing you have