“You have to work for what you have and use your body and mind.” – Ryan Read
🔷 Skyler and Ryan talk about building his business through hard work, passion, and dedication. Learn more about his business Thrive Specialized Training, scaling your business, and utilizing social media influence vs word of mouth. 🔶
📺 Watch Now:
In This Episode:
On episode 112 of The SKYLER IRVINE Show, Skyler was joined by his guest, Ryan Read. Ryan is the owner and a trainer at Thrive Specialized Fitness. His business specializes in glute workouts to become sculpted and toned.
Ryan was a professional basketball player overseas until he was 27, injured, and cut from the team. After moving home to live with his parents and trying to pursue a career in firefighting, he stepped into training. He began with training friends and family for half off until a friend told him he had a gig as a trainer in Scottsdale, Arizona. This is where Thrive was really born.
Ryan says his biggest regret was not hiring sooner and urges listeners to hire employees you trust, sometimes before you even think you need it. For about 6 years, Thrive was a one-man program until Ryan took the leap to hire his first personal trainer.
On the show, Skyler talked to Ryan about his journey to success, how he wants Thrive to be a family environment and that is what sets his business apart, how if you put your passion into something it is infectious, and being authentic on and off the internet.
Ryan also briefly talked about his training app for his business. After paying a monthly fee, you get access to various workouts, accountability tracking for weight loss, a nutrition guide, and a monthly assessment and check-in from a member of the Thrive team. To purchase, search “Thrive Specialized Training” on the app store and join the Thrive family.
– What is Thrive Specialized Training?
– How did Ryan get started in fitness?
– What was Ryan’s money mindset when he lost his next paycheck?
– Why did Ryan become a trainer?
– Why did Ryan Read move to Scottsdale?
– How did Ryan Read start his business?
– How did Ryan Read get his first clients?
– When did Ryan know it was time to scale his business
– How Ryan got over the fear of hiring his first employee
– The inspiration behind the booty specific niche
– The importance of before and after photos
Connect with Ryan: