About Cody Alt:
Cody Alt is a serial entrepreneur who has built businesses from the ground up from a meal prep kitchen to a CBD company, and more. In this episode, we talk about Cody’s many business ventures, how he became successful, and his many ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.
On episode 89 of The SKYLER IRVINE Show, Cody Alt joined us to talk about building businesses from the ground up.
Cody moved here about eight years ago from a small town in Montana. He enjoys Steak 44 here in Phoenix and loves to spend time outdoors being as active as possible and golfing. Cody gives credit to his dad for making him the man he is today.
When asked what the most memorable mistake he has made within his business is, Cody said, “trying to do too many things at once by myself. There is nothing wrong with trying to learn new things, master your craft, and get better at things, and broaden your horizons. However, when you have multiple companies, you can move so much further way faster with a group of individuals. Hiring out people that are great at that specific task will your success in a time machine.”
On the show, Cody and Skyler discuss Cody’s journey with his businesses. They talk about being willing to adapt fast and learning from mistakes. They also speak about what drives Cody to continue pushing and where he would be if he didn’t take the path he did to get where he is today.
Cody advises people pursuing entrepreneurship to be careful who you take advice from. If you listen to your parents and they have never done what you want to do, they are probably not the best people to listen to. You want to listen to someone who has been where and done that.
- Cody’s journey – starting in the oil business to where he is now.
- BodyFuel Foods – meal prep kitchen.
- Getting clients through word-of-mouth.
- Where BodyFuel Foods is today.
- Starting a media company.
- Creating Kushly and PureKana.
- Cannabis regulations and CBD.
- Being willing to adapt fast.
- Advertising/marketing on Instagram.
- Accomplishing tasks to see progression in your business.
- Learning from mistakes and doing jobs you don’t want to do.
- About his quote: “Be careful who you are taking your advice from.”
- Support from his dad to be an entrepreneur.
- Getting good at his craft.
- Domain names.
- Types of marketing that created success.
- The Instagram game.
- Influencer marketing and collaborations.
- Dealing with brand changes and confusion.
- What he would be doing today if he wasn’t where he is today.
- Guilty pleasures.
- Who Cody looks up to.
- What drives him.
Listen on Soundcloud:
Who would you like to be featured on The Skyler Irvine Show? Let us know at: http://www.skylerirvine.com/
Connect with Cody Alt on Instagram: @thecodyalt
On Facebook: @thecodyalt
BodyFuel Foods: https://www.bodyfuelfoods.com/
And don’t forget to connect with your host, Skyler Irvine, on Instagram: @skylerirvine
Thank YOU for supporting us!