The SKYLER IRVINE Show | Episode #102
On this episode of The Skyler Irvine Show, Skyler sits down with Jennifer Kaplan, Owner and Founder of Evolve Public Relations and Marketing. Jennifer has owned her own public relations company for 14 years. Her clients range from restaurants, retailers, entertainment, real estate, medical, legal, global and international companies. She is a native of Arizona and grew up not far from the Renzler Media studio.
👇 Watch Now: 👇
👇 Listen Now: 👇
Skyler and Jennifer talk about what it takes to be a successful business and the power of marketing and public relations in achieving business goals. They discuss the empowerment that social media has brought to people and businesses by creating easy access to the ability to market and brand their own ideas into successful businesses.
They talk about what makes public relations more of an art than a science, talking about how “perception is reality”, something you will hear Jennifer say more than once and how you have the power to paint the picture that you want others to see or believe while maintaining an authentic and really feel.
They talk about how important it is to sustain public relations and marketing beyond the startup or introduction of a new product or company and about how the new things are easy, anyone can handle the “new”, but beyond new is where you need to be creative.
They discuss branding as being what people say about you and your company when you aren’t around, and marketing being what you say about yourself.
Hear what they have to say about different public relation stunts, knowing your audience, and asking for opinions to prevent yourself from getting tunnel vision.
Topics Talked About on Episode 102
- Marketing v. Public relations
- Status symbol of having a PR company
- PR being more impactful than an advertisement on the TV or in a magazine
- Importance of sustaining PR
- Building partnerships
- Where Jennifer sees the future of PR heading
- People want to be able to measure the impact of their dollar
- Quality v Quantity
- Taking advantage of EVERYTHING
- Establish a brand… then market that brand
- Being willing and able to revamp at anytime
- Snapchat Spectacles
- We all play the game… Are you playing it willingly or do you not even realize you’re playing the game?
- Know your audience
- There is such a thing as bad PR
- Human beings are simple
- Uber v Lyft
- Coke v Pepsi
- Always being honest
- Asking others for their opinion
Connect with Jennifer Kaplan